My work so far, scanned in using the mac suite, this also includes new photos taken during the week:
This progress can be slow but rewarding. Travel, shoot, develop, print, scan.
I also rely on the art shop which I love to bits – so I usually have to wait until I’m back on campus to buy film.
Reflecting on my shots so far, I wish to take photos of people/activities as well as places. To add variation. Another thing to note is the lens I’m using – it’s an ultra-wide soft lens, so the photos aren’t very sharp. I could change my lens but I’m loving the consistency so I think its full steam ahead at this point. Because If I chose my 50mm 2.8, it would be much sharper but not in line with what I’ve taken so far.
*Sounds are recorded for every shot shown, these will be in the film*
Friday I also managed to catch the tail end of the mixed I.P lesson and we made spells together in the form of Score’s. My score, which was discussed with Becky and actually was very similar to hers. This score consisted of going into a dark room and focusing all your attention and focus onto your heart. Then discuss with everyone what you felt and thought about – as personally I don’t treat my body with the respect it deserves in terms of food and excursive. I am my own worst enemy in that regard.
Then we focuses on our timelines for the production of our projects. Below is the one I made on the mac in class:
Current look at my project within DaVinci Resolve.
I am running into issues with the sounds I have recorded at the locations. I’m not sure whether it’s an issue with DaVinci or not. But it’s a hurdle to make the sounds work properly – I will have to review and see if I have to re-record the sounds.
The best course of action will probably be to master the audio track within logic alongside the soundtrack (I have a Mac gain woo!) then bounce that into DaVinci once it’s audible.
*Update – It was a user error, sounds are fine!* Was a plugin issue with davinci.
Unfortunately I missed today’s class due to having the flu again! It’s becoming silly now, but I used my time at home brainstorming and in the evening I exported a very rough early preview/conceptual video that could end up being the end product – but I will stress this is rough, I haven’t implemented surround sound (5.1) or Spatial Audio or the soundtrack I wish to add.
Video has been compressed for upload.
Mixing sounds requires some attention to how the sounds overlap and continue with each other. This will evolve as time goes on, especially with 5.1 implementation. But overall I like that it’s simple. I think more photos for each of the 15 seconds of sounds will open up the viewer to more..for instance I could take more photos of the SOA.
Also I have decided to try and not include people or living creatures as I want this to stay as more liminal spaces in photographs, so that the viewer can really just decide for themselves the scene with the sounds in place.