This week my synthesizer arrived and I began varnishing the furniture pieces and wallpapering the box structure. As it’s reading week I’ve had time off but still remained busy by my workload. For that reason, and to avoid any stress or panic, I decided to limit myself to only working on the furniture and wallpaper for the week. By setting a manageable task I could easily complete, I didn’t get in over my head and wasn’t disappointed by my progress or rushing anything.
Wallpapering was very straightforward, I simply varnished the bottom and top of the box, allowing them to dry before cutting the sample sheets to size and applying them to the inner walls. I left the back wall blank as I hope to have a projection on it and so didn’t want to compromise the quality of the projection and visuals by adding a busy wallpaper or dark varnish which might obscure it.
[ADD IMAGE HERE]
Varnishing the furniture was a much more careful and lengthy process, as was the case last time. The parts were small and fiddly and so it was difficult to varnish them quickly without making mistakes or causing imperfections. I’d varnish one side and dry it to avoid air bubbles again and again until I was done, then I’d do the opposite side, then, one by one, I’d do each side. Two pieces of furniture would take almost the whole day. It was gruelling and painful and boring at the best of times. But, I stuck with it and varnished the pieces. They are now drying and ready to be pieced together into furniture.
[ADD IMAGE HERE]
Next week I’ll piece the furniture together and add the final touches before beginning work on the food creation!